Friday, June 15, 2007 | 10:25:00 PM
Burn Out

Finally! i'm back! Safe and sound! Just some severe sunburn on my arms and thighs! And face too! It was damn red two days ago. Now it should have cool down. Anyways, I went to kayaking on Monday to Thursday!! Fun and tiring! I took two of the three days kayaking. High currents, water spout, raining, blazing hot sun and tiring arm. What do you expect? Hehes! And the ration was like so err... okay la. But can’t get any second serving. I’m hungry Okays!! Gosh. I think I shed some weight. I’m definitely sure of this. The total strength of the cadets was 104. Or is it 103? I can’t remember. And the CLTS was like less than twenty? All were assigned to various groups. Coxswain Team (instructors that went to kayak with the cadet, leading them and to ensure the safety), Sea Support-Admin Team (they were the one who take down the attendance and collect the cadet’s valuables), Sea Support-Logistic Team (in charge of rations, store items like paddles and kayaks) and Boat crews-(those who standby in the safety boats and sometimes drive them). Can you believe that they were about 8-10 safety boats for this event?? Safety comes first! I’m in the coxswain team! And we had to pay around 14 bucks for the sleeveless FBT shirt! It was worth it though. But the NCC crest logo was kind of spoiling the design. But it’s okay. This is true facts- all had severe sunburn. Hehes!

**First day, we report and slept at the sembawang camp. It was the day for administrative stuff and to know the cadets well. And had phone calls with Alane around 2 in the morning. I miss her totally.

**Second day, time for the launch off!! From sembawang to changi point. It was the lunch point. The water was rough and unpredictable and constantly changing weather was like fcuk. Hehes! From there, went to changi naval base-our ending point of the day and that’s where we crash for the night. This is something interesting! We actually went into the yatch club pool! We aren’t supposed too! But we did! It was damn cooling. After hard day of kayaking and heating up, we had a cool dive. Gosh! And some of us went to disturb the H.I.J sailing girls. It wasn’t me. I swear!

**Third day, from changi naval base we head to east coast but we were fast and then, change of instructions! Grrr!! We went to marina and make a u-turn to fill in time. It was exhausting when your mind actually thought it was east coast but den you find out you’re going somewhere further and had to make a u-turn just to reach later. And the current was so rough that your kayak is going up and down the wave. Poof! Lunch was 12pm. After that, head back to changi naval base. More sunburn. Nice! Same place we crash for the day. I forget that I’m supposed to text Alane bout my condition on Tuesday so I text her on Wednesday night. Sorry baby.

**last day (Thursday), I didn’t want to kayak. I was supposed to. But I wasn’t feeling that well and I’m having motion sickness. Just a minor one. And Ben took over. He wanted to kayak so I guess it was a nice chance for him to. The rest of the CLTs who wasn’t kayaking took the shuttle bus to Pasir Ris Park! Play the playground there! There’s still a small kid inside me. We play and play while waiting for them to beach in for lunch. And guess what. The cadets were exhausted and they couldn’t reach in time. So they were tow back by the safety boats. We had lunch there. And then, they set off again to the last destination-sembawang yatch club again. That’s where the expedition ends. But around 22 report sick. And many more during kayaking. Supposed to reach by 4. But they reach by 5.30. Can’t blame them. It was tiring. Wash kayak and stuff. Bathe and get ready for the closing of AKE. Fall-in and got their cert. and had some picture taking before everyone left, smiling with fatigue and keeping their own kayaking memories. And all of us crash at sun plaza Mac for dinner! We spend about 2 hours of chit chatting. We actually plan to escape from AAR (after action report). Hehes! Got our bags ready to scram. But luckily there wasn’t any. And I head home after that.

three cheers to everyone! Endurance and focus was the thing they had to complete all this. Most of all, I miss my girlfriend. It’s been like 6 days ever since I met her. Sigh. I need to see her a.s.ap before I set for another NCC camp- specs course on Sunday night. I love my girlfriend. Muaahhhss! I’m having slight fever now. And the motion sickness still lingers in my head. Having some tempt to vomit. Gosh. Thank god I swallow two panadol yesterday. Thus, the reason why I slept thru the night around 12+... I thought I can take a nap and wake up around 1 am to be online. I’m worn out. I’m burn out. I’m black out!

Here are some picas taken during the kayaking expeditions.





(there's still more but i can't get hold of them) *sorry*
will upload more of them when i get hold of it on next post.

*******************************************************

Fellows CLTs after AKE
*******************************************************
*******************************************************


FBT sleeveless shirt! (COSWAIN)
*********************************************************





"So this is passion and it crawls upon my skin,
It sinks into my bones and I am whole again
I feel it filling me and I pray it will never end,
Now it burns within my veins and I am writing in ecstasy."



ARDENT LOVER

FARHAN "KYLE CHEN". Peranakan descent. 19; July 10, 1989. Ngee Ann Polytechnic (MOT). SembCorp Marine Scholar. NCC (Sea) - 52nd Cadet Lieutenant. LOVES: Eating, Fencing, Guitar, Music, Procrastinating, Sea sports, Sleeping, T.V.

EMAIL / FACEBOOK / FRIENDSTER

THE LUST LIST

• Braces
• Fencing Suit
• National Team
• 3.5 GPA
• New Phone
• Be a better man


GIBBER GABBER




RHAPSODY


Music
Good Girls Go Bad

Artist
Cobra Starship Feat. Leighton Meester

Album
Good Girls Go Bad


CONNECTIONS


Alane Ain Ammarah Cecil Chester Chin Woo Cindy Dale Derek Denise Doris Eugene Soon Farrhan Finah Hanisa Huda Hui Huan Janet Jia Yan Jia Hui Jin Chuan Joan Johnny Larry Liyana Nadiah Nadia Ncc(Sea) Ngee Ann Fencing Peijun Phebe Rachel Sazleen Shahirah Shahrul Shaminah Shirin Pretty Sojini Syahidah Syirah Umairah Vanessa Wani Wei Ming Wenbing Weina Xiang Jun Yvonne Chia Yvonne Lim


ARCHIVES

April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 December 2009 January 2010

CREDITS

Engine: Blogger
Tagboard: Cbox
Tools/Resources: I, II, III, IV
Skin: © Alane

LIBERTY

•Welcome to switembrace.blogspot.com. Thank you for reading.“Any resemblance to persons fictional or real who are living, dead or undead is purely coincidental. If you're unhappy with this blog, you're welcome to leave.

ADMIN ONLY

eXTReMe Tracker